You Are Now Eligible for Transfer-Level Math and English Courses
In October 2017, California enacted a new law Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705). All community colleges must maximize the chance that students will complete transfer-level math and English within one year, and transfer-level English as Second Language within three years.
Who is affected?
- All students will be eligible to enroll in one of several transfer-level math pathway courses.
- All students will be eligible to enroll in the transfer-level English course, English 1A.
Why are we changing?
- We know that students are more successful in college when they take fewer low level math and English classes.
- Reedley College’s number one goal is your success.
What is happening?
- Reedley College, Madera Community College Center and the Oakhurst Community College Center have redesigned the English and math courses.
- The Student Learning Centers are expanding tutoring and student support services.
What do students need to do?
- Schedule an online or in-person appointment to meet with a counselor.
- Check your Reedley College Email for more details.
We are committed to ensuring you progress quickly and on to your next goal.